Specialist status [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2007.
- Just for governors ; 1
1 online resource (19 min.).
- School board members -- Great Britain.
Schools -- Great Britain.
Art schools -- Great Britain.
Alternative schools -- Great Britain.
- Documentary television programs.
- This edition in English.
- The aim of the specialist-school programme is that all secondary schools in the country will eventually have specialist status. Frances Stickley is chair of governors at Kings Langley School in Hertfordshire, which is in the process of applying for specialist arts status. In this film she visits Nower Hill High School in Harrow, which has had specialist arts status for five years. She discovers how the initial capital sum was used to remodel the art rooms at Nower Hill and how the arts now permeate the entire curriculum through various arts-based projects. Maureen Chappell, the arts college co-ordinator at Nower Hill, describes how establishing projects in the community has been the most challenging aspect of specialist status. Keith Horner of the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust provides useful information on redesignation and higher-performing status.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic Video Online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Illumina Digital. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|