Curriculum [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2008.
- Leadership in small primary schools ; 1
Education in video
1 online resource (17 min.).
- Rural schools -- Great Britain.
Rural schools -- Curricula -- Great Britain.
Small schools -- Great Britain.
- Instructional television programs.
Nonfiction television programs
- This edition in English.
- Small rural primary schools face particular problems relating to their size and location. In the first of two programmes, three head teachers from Cornwall each highlight a common issue that they face in delivering the curriculum to their pupils.At Menheniot Primary, Amanda Reynham must find ways to teach about multi-culturalism and diversity in a school that is predominantly white. The introduction of a Chinese Club after school helps enthuse pupils about other cultures and traditions.Gerry Sweet, the head of Trenode Primary, must cater for mixed-age classes in a school with a small number of pupils on roll. The school has made a virtue of this necessity, using afternoon craft activities as an opportunity to get the youngest and oldest pupils working together.At Braddock Primary, Debbie Tregellas is looking at how her school can meet new Extended Schools requirements. In an isolated area, providing activities and facilities can be a challenge; but Debbie has some workable ideas.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Available Light Productions. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|