A portrait of Mr. Pink [electronic resource] / by Helena Appio for Arts Council Films.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 1999.
- Black studies in video
1 online resource (16 min.).
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.
Interior decoration -- Great Britain.
Jamaicans -- Great Britain.
London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Nonfiction films
- This edition in English.
- Seventy-three-year-old Mr. Pink is a retired refuse collector who came to Britain from Jamaica in the fifties. He lives alone in a ramshackle, but extraordinary house in a South East London suburb. Inspired by a mixture of dreams, memories of his childhood and his religion, he adorned his Victorian mansion with his own unique designs. Inside and out, the house is decorated with the intense colors of the Caribbean, combined with other influences such as the stained glass windows in churches. His colorful garden contributes to the over all visual effect. Mr. Pink's urge for self-expression includes recording his own music and songs and making spectacular hats of leaves and flowers which he wears with cheerful aplomb. An observer of life and a deeply spiritual man, he shares his wisdom with us.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 24, 2011).
Black Maria Film Festival, 2000
Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival, 2000
Margaret Mead Film Festival, 1999
- Alexander Street Press.
Arts Council of England.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|