Struggle for identity [electronic resource] : issues in transracial adoption / by Photosynthesis Productions.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 2000.
1 online resource (21 min.).
- Interracial adoption -- United States.
- Documentary films.
- This edition in English.
- Because of all the upheavals worldwide and the social problems in our own country, many idealistic people are tempted to rescue children through foster care and adoption. But they may not be prepared for the kinds of problems that can arise. This powerful new video brings into focus the issue of race, culture and identity in adoptive or foster families It is refreshing to hear teenagers speak so candidly about their conflicts and confusions. One African American girl says "My parents are Swedish American and I love my parents, but at the same time ... we need to look to black parents to give us the answers." Another girl remembers that as a child she desperately wanted to return to her country. Another young man questions how parents will react when their adopted kids goes through the "anti-white stage." This film will be a useful resource for social workers, psychologists and counselors.
- Originally released as DVD.
Title from resource description page (viewed May 24, 2011).
- Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|