The colours of my father [electronic resource] / by Joyce Borenstein, Produced by Imageries P.B. Ltd ; with the National Film Board of Canada.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 1992.
1 online resource (29 min.).
- Borenstein, Sam, 1908-1969.
- Documentary films.
- This dazzling Academy Awards nominee tells the story of a Lithuanian immigrant, who left the stetl to escape the virulent anti-Semitism there and became a recognized painter in the New World. Sam Borenstein endured hardships in the old country and financial insecurity in his new life, but never gave up on his dream of capturing life s beauty on canvas. His daughter pays tribute to her father by recreating his dazzling painting on film using innovative animation techniques. This film glows with love of family, love of art, and an appreciation of life s possibilities. Note: The DVD version now includes interviews by both the filmmaker (also his daughter) Joyce Borenstein and his wife Judith.
- Previously published as DVD.
Title from resource description page (viewed May 24, 2011).
- Alexander Street Press.
Imagéries P.B. Ltd.
National Film Board of Canada.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|