Improving a failing school [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2008.
- Just for governors ; 2
1 online resource (18 min.).
- School board members -- Great Britain.
School improvement programs -- Great Britain.
- Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- In the light of Government attempts to address the problem of failing schools, one school - Hurlingham and Chelsea School in Fulham, west London - was turned around in just four years. After being placed in special measures in March 2004 with its governing body judged to be failing, it became the second most improved school in the country and at the most recent Ofsted inspection looking at the Every Child Matters agenda it was described as outstanding. The governors helped the head to move the school back on track, not just in terms of teaching and learning but also in terms of the effectiveness of the governing body.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Illumina Digital. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|