Honesty, lateral thinking and other topics [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2008.
- Lesson starters ; 1
Education in video
1 online resource (17 min.).
- Creative ability -- Study and teaching.
Thought and thinking -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.
Teaching -- Aids and devices.
- Instructional television programs.
Nonfiction television programs
- This edition in English.
- A series of six short video clips designed to be used with KS2 children on the interactive whiteboard. The clips aim to stimulate thinking and generate discussion. They will encourage children to use their imagination and build on each other's ideas. The accompanying web notes suggest classroom work before and after teachers use the material to support the creativity and thinking skills agendas, e.g. evaluating information, comparing and contrasting, drawing inferences and making deductions, using evidence, justifying, anticipating consequences, and imagining. Each clip ends with a question to prompt class, paired or group discussion. For example, in the opening clip a man runs through a city centre and makes a 999 call. The question posed is - Why does he make the call? All the thinking skills are relevant to all curriculum areas, so the clips can be used effectively as thinking warm-ups during a wide range of lessons.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (VAST: Academic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
Television Junction. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|