Hard to teach. Secondary music. Volume 1 [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
1 online resource (14 min.).
- Music -- Instruction and study -- Great Britain.
- Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- It's not easy to teach musical expression, and young musicians often find it hard to learn. At the RNCM in Manchester, Karin Greenhead is an internationally recognized expert in Dalcroze eurythmics, which associates gesture and movement with phrasing and intonation. We see how the Dalcroze approach can be applied in - and adapted to - many different teaching situations to help music students put feeling into their playing, and learn the principles of rhythm, notation and improvisation. In addition to Karin's classes at the RNCM, the programme features Bethan James working with the Manchester Youth Strings Project, and Joanne Tierney, Head of Music at Bacup and Rawtenstall School, leading a music lesson with her class (and demonstrating that Dalcroze methods can be adapted to work with larger classes).
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 8, 2015).
- Alexander Street Press.
Big Heart Media. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|