Motherhood on trial [electronic resource] : the tragedy of Susan Smith / produced and directed by Lynn Estomin.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 1997.
1 online resource (26 min.).
- Smith, Susan (Susan Vaughan).
Infanticide -- South Carolina -- Union.
Murder -- South Carolina -- Union.
- Documentary films.
- This edition in English.
- The case of Susan Smith, a young mother who drowned her sons in South Carolina, repelled and fascinated the whole nation. Amidst all the uproar it is interesting to note that Newt Gingrich claimed the tragedy was the inevitable outcome of years of liberal control of Congress. Motherhood on Trial challenges viewers to examine current conservative thinking that blames the breakdown of the traditional family for causing crime, poverty, illiteracy, teenage pregnancy and other problems.
- Originally released as DVD.
Title from resource description page (viewed May 24, 2011).
American Psychological Association, 1997
Association for Women in Psychology, 1997
National Women's Studies Association, 1997
- Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|