Primary ICT. Whiteboard literacy [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Primary ICT ; 5-6
1 online resource (26 min.).
- Educational technology -- Great Britain.
Literacy -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.
- Instructional television programs.
- This edition in English.
- These seven story starts are designed for teachers to use on their interactive whiteboards. Each story start is a short but dramatic video clip that will fire children's imaginations to continue the story into creative writing. Advisor and Deputy Head Simon Botten introduces the programme and gives some tips on how best to use these resources.
This programme shows three teachers, working across Key Stage 1 and 2, using specially designed whiteboard resources to teach Literacy. We see three of these Story Starts in action in the classroom, with seven in total being available on the Teachers TV website. Offering a visual stimulus helps to develop with a class a common experience which the teacher can build upon using a variety of techniques like role play, group work and writing. The children are engaged and excited as the teachers bring to life the demands of the curriculum.
- Story starts
Using story starts.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
- Alexander Street Press.
Available Light Productions. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|