D-Day [electronic resource] : the secret massacre / History Channel ; executive producer, Bill Kurtis ; producer Hoite Caston.
- Other Title:
- At head of title: Investigating history
Academic Video Online.
- [United States] : A & E Television Networks : Marketed and distributed by New Video, 2004.
- American history in video
1 electronic resource (ca. 50 min.)
- United States Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment 507th.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy.
- Recounts the massacre of U.S. paratroopers and French civilians on D-Day. When members of the 507th PIR were dropped 20 miles from their objective, the village of Graignes voted to help them. There were six days of fighting followed by severe Nazi retaliation. The heroic collaboration of paratroopers and French civilians delayed the SS and aided one of D-Day's most crucial victories. 40 years later, 507th veterans return to France to honor 11 citizens with the Distinguished Civilian Service Award.
- Originally broadcast as a segment of the series Investigating history on the History Channel.
Previously published as DVD.
- Caston, Hoite C.
Alexander Street Press.
Arts and Entertainment Network.
History Channel (Television network)
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|