The boy who wanted to go to war [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Drengen Som Ville i Krig
Academic Video Online.
- Copenhagen, Denmark : Danish Broadcasting Corporation, 2010.
- VAST: academic video online
1 online resource (38 min.).
- Fathers and sons.
- Documentary films.
- This edition in Danish.
- Michlas' father is a soldier in Afghanistan. When Michlas grows up, he wants to be a soldier and save the world - just like his dad. 13-year-old Michlas has had a burning desire to become a soldier ever since he was little. He does anything and everything he can to prepare for becoming a soldier. He misses his dad so much he has prepared a whole list of things for them to do together, when the father returns home on leave. The Boy Who Wanted to Go to War shows us the war from a child's point of view: Michlas has formed his very own theories about what a soldier should do in order to save the world. But with Michlas' father away, how does his mother feel about all this? Is she able to plant a seed of doubt in his young mind? The film shows a close up portrait of the relationship between father and son, as well as an exploration of how war and life as a soldier can express cohesion and love.
- Fridthjof, Ronnie. , Producer
Gustafsson, Anders. , Director
Alexander Street Press.
Fridthjof Film (Firm) , Producer
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|