Viva Cuba [electronic resource] / DDC Films LLC ; una coproducción de Quad Productions, TVC Casa Productora, ICRT , La Colmenita, El Ingenio ; argumento y guión, Manolito Rodríguez Ramírez, Juan Carlos Cremata Malberti ; productores, Eric Brach, Nicolas Duval Adassovsky ; dirección, Juan Carlos Cremata Malberti.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [New York, N.Y.] : Film Movement, 2005.
- Film Movement series
1 online resource (79 min.).
- Friendship -- Cuba -- Drama.
Mother and child -- Cuba -- Drama.
Social classes -- Cuba -- Drama.
Cuba -- Drama.
- Fiction films.
- This edition in Spanish with English subtitles.
- In a tale akin to "Romeo and Juliet," the friendship between two children is threatened by their parents' differences. Malú is from an upper-class family and her single mother does not want her to play with Jorgito, as she thinks his background coarse and commonplace. Jorgito's mother is a poor socialist who is proud of her family's social standing, and places similar restrictions on her son. What neither woman recognizes is the immense strength of the bond between Malú and Jorgito. When the children learn that Malú's mother is planning to leave Cuba, they decide to travel to the other side of the island to find Malú's father and persuade him against signing the forms that would allow it.
- Brach, Eric. , Producer
Cremata Malberti, Juan Carlos. , Screenwriter, Director
Duval Adassovsky, Nicolas. , Producer
Elliot, Adam (Adam Benjamin)
Miló Ávila, Jorgito. , Actor
Rodríguez, Manolito. , Screenwriter
Tarrau Broche, Malú. , Actor
Alexander Street Press.
DDC Films, LLC.
Film Movement (Firm)
Instituto Cubano de Radio y Televisión.
TVC Casa Productora (Firm)
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.