Injury prediction and prevention [electronic resource] : lessons learned in the U.S. Military / presented by Joseph J. Knapik and Anthony I. Beutler.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Monterey, CA : Healthy Learning, 2011.
- Sports medicine and exercise science in video
1 online resource (51 min.).
- Soldiers -- Wounds and injuries.
Wounds and injuries -- Prevention.
Wounds and injuries -- Risk factors.
Wounds and injuries.
- This edition in English.
- Can we accurately predict an athlete's risk of future injury? Can we intervene to decrease risk before injury strikes? Recent literature is replete with studies of injury screening and prevention models, but definitive evidence for efficacy proves elusive. The US Military is comprised of young, physically active individuals in a closed medical system: an ideal study population for injury screening/prevention trials. Injury Prediction and Prevention: Lessons Learned in the U.S. Military features leading experts in military injury screening/prevention who discuss results from their recent ground-breaking work in injury prevention and prediction. The DVD also discusses lessons learned and vision for future injury prediction/prevention efforts in both military and civilian populations.
- Injury prediction and prevention : lessons learned in the U.S. Military (Knapik)
Injury prediction and prevention : lessons learned in the U.S. Military (Beutler).
- Title from resource description page (viewed Nov. 18, 2013).
- Beutler, Anthony I. , Speaker
Knapik, Joseph J. , Speaker
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|