Welcome [electronic resource] / Film Movement and Nord-Quest present ; un film de Philippe Lioret ; produit par Christophe Rossingnon.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [New York] : Film Movement, 2009.
- Film Movement series
1 online resource (109 min.).
- Emigration and immigration -- Drama.
Kurds -- France -- Drama.
Teenage boys -- Kurdistan -- Drama.
- Fiction films.
- This edition in French, English and Kurdish with English subtitles.
- A 17-year-old Kurdish refugee has struggled his way in Europe in an attempt to unite with his girlfriend, who has emigrated to England. When he is stopped in France, he decides to swim the English Channel to complete his journey.
Bilal, a 17-year-old Kurdish refugee, has struggled his way through Europe for the last three months, trying to reunite with his girlfriend. But his journey comes to an abrupt halt when he is stopped by authorities in Calais, on the French side of the Channel. Left with no other alternatives, he decides to swim across. Bilal goes to the local swimming pool to train, where he meets Simon. But what begins as a relationship based on self-interest develops into something bigger.
- Ayverdi, Firat.
Dana, Audrey, 1979-
Lioret, Philippe, 1955- , Director
Alexander Street Press.
Film Movement (Firm)
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|