Gladys, a Cuban mother [electronic resource] / film by Xavier Daniel.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- San Francisco, CA : Frameline, 2011, p2001.
1 online resource (11 min.).
- Coming out (Sexual orientation) -- Cuba.
Homosexuality -- Cuba.
Lesbian mothers -- Cuba.
Lesbianism -- Cuba.
- Nonfiction films.
- This edition in Spanish with English subtitles.
- A mother tells her son that her greatest loves have been women. She recounts the story of raising two daughters left behind after the death of their mother, one of Gladys' former lovers. Shot clandestinely in Havana, Gladys, A Cuban Mother depicts the poignant experience of a lesbian mother living in a society driven by machismo.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 16, 2013).
- Daniel, Xavier.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.