Standing on the edge of death [electronic resource] / directed by Kim Dong-won.
- Other Title:
- Original title: Byeorange seon dosibinmin
Academic Video Online.
- Honolulu, HI : Asia Pacific Films, 1990.
- Asian film online
1 online resource (31 min.).
- Poor -- Korea (South) -- Seoul.
- Documentary films.
- This edition in Korean with English subtitles.
- The economic progress of Korea, has exacerbated the social disparity that exists in Seoul. Impoverished, and thus original discriminated against, villagers feel the crushing burden of supporting their families and keeping a roof over their heads. However, developers who clear the villages in Seoul to build apartment buildings, leave them homeless, and unable to afford the high rental costs. For some, death is a better alternative to the indignities that they suffer in life. Festivals: Focus On - Korean Retrospective, 11th Jeonju International Film Festival; Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Aug. 6, 2013).
- Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|