The living stone [electronic resource] / afilm by John Feeney.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Ottawa, ON : National Film Board of Canada, 1958.
1 online resource (32 min.).
- Inuit sculpture.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- This film shows the inspiration, often related to belief in the supernatural, behind Inuit sculpture. The Inuit's approach to the work is to release the image the artist sees imprisoned in the rough stone. The film centers on an old legend about the carving of the image of a sea spirit to bring food to a hungry camp.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Dec. 16, 2013).
- Daly, Tom, 1918- , Producer
Feeney, John (Photographer) , Director
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|