37 uses for a dead sheep [electronic resource] : the story of the Pamir Kirghiz / an Anglo-Turkish-Kirghiz collaboration ; a Tigerlily Films production for BBC and ARTE France ; producers, Nikki Parrott, Natasha Dack, Ben Hopkins ; director, Ben Hopkins.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- 37 uses for a dead sheep
Story of the Pamir Kirghiz
Thirty-seven uses for a dead sheep : the story of the Pamir Kirghiz
Academic Video Online.
- London, UK : Royal Anthropological Institute, 2006.
- Ethnographic video online, volume 2
1 online resource (69 min.).
- Kyrgyz -- Turkey.
Kyrgyz -- Pamir.
Kyrgyz -- Social life and customs.
Turks -- Asia, Central.
Motion pictures -- Production and direction -- Turkey.
Asia, Central -- History -- 20th century.
- Nonfiction films
- This edition in English, Turkish, and Kyrgyz with English subtitles.
- "The Pamir Kirghiz are a tribe of some 2,000 people from the Pamir region of Central Asia. For the last 27 years they have lived in exile in Eastern Turkey. In 2005 an Anglo-Turkish film crew arrives in their village to work with the tribe to tell their story"--Original container. Told through interviews and reconstructions.
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Parrott, Nikki. , Producer
Dack, Natasha. , Producer
Hopkins, Ben. , Producer, Director
Clarke, Gary. , Cinematographer
Welzen, Marco van. , Film editor
Orsel, Seda. , Artistic director, Costume designer
Lewis, Paul, 1943- , Musician
Alexander Street Press.
Tigerlily Films. , Producer
British Broadcasting Corporation. , Associated name
ARTE France. , Associated name
Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland. , Distributor
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|