No bones about it! Osteoporosis update [electronic resource] / presented by Scott Josephson ; produced by IDEA Health & Fitness Association.
- Other Title:
- No bones about it! : osteoporsis update
Academic Video Online.
- Monterey, CA : Healthy Learning, 2010.
- Sports medicine and exercise science in video
1 online resource (108 min.).
- Instructional films.
- This edition in English.
- About one in three females are diagnosed with osteoporosis during the course of her lifetime. Somewhat surprisingly, men, chronic dieters, and some athletes are also at risk for this condition. No Bones About It! Osteoporosis Update provides an overview of several of the key osteoporosis-related issues, including the complications that can arise with this diagnosis, preventive treatments, exercise applications, bone physiology, risk factors, and dietary and pharmaceutical supplementation. The DVD is designed as a resource for every health/fitness professional who wants to better understand the underlying aspects of osteoporosis.
Physiology of bone
Types of osteoporosis
Putting calcium to use
FDA therapeutic medications
What can you do with type 2 osteoporosis?
- Title from resource description page (viewed Nov. 18, 2013).
- Josephson, Scott. , Speaker
Alexander Street Press.
IDEA Health & Fitness Association. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|