Like a passing train [electronic resource] / directed by Kohei Ando.
- Other Title:
- Original title: Toorisugiru densha no youni
Academic Video Online.
- Honolulu, HI : Asia Pacific Films, 1978-1979.
- Asian film online
1 online resource (18 min.).
- Railroad trains -- Japan.
- Short films.
- This edition in Japanese with English subtitles.
- Space. Inspired by photographs of Winston Link (Night Trick), this film is composed of images of trains passing by a house. Trains are seen from inside the house in a variety of viewing angles. The film lists all possible perspectives on the passing train and becomes a metaphor of cinema.
Time. In HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE, Gabriel Garcia Marquez describes a long process a year it takes to cross a railway station. The film consists of an image of a train crossing a bush in the garden Ando. The film was shot from the same angle fixed for six months, through the seasons.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Aug. 6, 2013).
- Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|