Naseem [electronic resource] / directed by Saeed Akhtar Mirza.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Honolulu, HI : Asia Pacific Films, 1995.
- Asian film online
1 online resource (85 min.).
- Babari Masjid (Faizabad, India), -- History -- Drama.
Families -- India -- Drama.
Hindus -- Faizabad (India) -- Drama.
Muslim women -- India -- Drama.
Muslims -- Faizabad (India) -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- This edition in Hindi with English subtitles.
- The delicate relationship between a 15-year-old girl and her grandfather is used to describe how the growing political tensions between Muslems and Hindus in 1992 led to the destruction of a medieval Muslim mosque and subsequently, violent rioting in the streets of Bombay. Naseem (urdu: sahar) means Morning breeze, and charts the story of a young school going girl Naseem in the months leading up to the demolition of Babri Masjid in 1992. She shares deep and loving bond with his ill grandfather who represents the era of communal harmony between Hindus and Muslims in India, as he fondly recalls the times he spent in pre-Independent Agra. As communal tension erupts in the city of Bombay, Naseem get increasingly bewildered by changing dynamics at her school and in the neighborhood, while her grandfather watches helplessly at a city getting deeply divided over the Babri Masjid issue.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Oct. 2, 2013).
Won 1995 Silver Lotus Award Saeed Akhtar Mirza, Best Screenplay
- Menon, Kay Kay. , Performer
Kango, Mayoori. , Performer
Shah, Saleem. , Performer
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|