Homeless FC [electronic resource] / directed by James Leong and Lynn Lee.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Honolulu, HI : Asia Pacific Films, 2007.
- Asian film online
1 online resource (103 min.).
- Motion pictures -- Asia.
- Documentary films.
- This edition in Cantonese with English subtitles.
- In this 2007 documentary about Hong Kong, we follow the daily lives of four homeless men who are being considered for inclusion in the Dawn Soccer Club, an eight-man team which will be competing in the 2003 Homeless World Cup in South Africa. Filmmakers James Leong and Lynn Lee spent a year filming, getting the men to ignore the camera. We get to know a handsome ex-thief, a compulsive gambler, a gang member, and a newly employed man who joins the team because he is lonely. Leong says: The players' stories take some unexpected twists and turns. It was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for all of us. But if anything, we hope the film will help overturn some pre-conceived notions about the homeless. We learn about the realities of Hong Kong behind the glamorous facade, laughing and crying with the charismatic players as they struggle to reunite with their families and rediscover hope. Awards/Festivals: Winner, Grand Prize, Chinese Documentary Festival 2008. Special Mention for Editing, Cineodeon 2008. Nominee, Humanitarian Award for Documentaries, Hong Kong International Film Festival 2007.
- Nominated, 2007, Hong Kong International Film Festival, Humanitarian Award for Documentaries
Won, 2008, Chinese Documentary Festival, Grand Prize, Special Mention for Editing
- Lee, Lynn (Director)
Leong, James, 1924-
Alexander Street Press.
Asia Pacific Films.com.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|