Jess [electronic resource] : My new face / by Victoria Greenly.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- London, England : British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), 2013.
1 online resource (57 min.).
- Apert syndrome.
- Documentary films.
- This edition in English.
- Documentary about 17-year-old Jess Lee, who was born with a facial disfigurement, a symptom of a condition called Apert Syndrome. Unhappy with her features she had major surgery, which completely transformed the way she looks, yet she still wants more surgery. Jess goes on a journey to find out why she feels so compelled to change her face, meeting a variety of women who have different perceptions of beauty - from a model who hates being beautiful to a cosmetic surgery aficionado who believes good looks give you power. She also meets other young people with disfigurements who have adopted coping mechanisms to deal with society's prejudices.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Apr. 15, 2014).
- Greenly, Victoria. , Director, Producer
Alexander Street Press.
British Broadcasting Corporation. , Producer
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|