2008 physical activity guidelines for Americans - Joint Commission on Sports Medicine and Science [electronic resource] / written by the National Athletic Trainers Association ; presented by David M. Buchner ; produced by the American College of Sports Medicine and Healthy Learning.
- Other Title:
- 2008 physical activity guidelines for Americans
Academic Video Online.
- Monterey, CA : Healthy Learning, 2009.
- Sports medicine and exercise science in video
1 online resource (42 min.).
- Exercise -- United States.
Health promotion -- United States.
Physical fitness -- Standards.
Physical fitness -- United States.
- This edition in English.
- 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans provides an overview of the science-based guidelines that were developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to help Americans, ages six and older, improve their health through appropriate physical activity. Featuring the chair of the HHS writing group that developed the actual guidelines, the video details the health benefits of physical activity and reviews the amount and type of physical activity required to obtain those benefits. The video also examines several important issues that were addressed in the translation of scientific evidence into practical guidelines.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 24, 2014).
- Buchner, David. , Speaker
Alexander Street Press.
National Athletic Trainers Association. , Screenwriter
American College of Sports Medicine. , Producer
Healthy Learning Videos. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|