Resistance exercise [electronic resource] : effects on resting metabolism, body composition, and weight management / written by the American College of Sports Medicine ; presented by Wayne Westcott ; produced by Healthy Learning.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Monterey, CA : Healthy Learning, 2011.
- Sports medicine and exercise science in video
1 online resource (59 min.).
- Exercise -- Physiological aspects.
Sports -- Physiological aspects.
- This edition in English.
- Resistance Exercise: Effects on Resting Metabolism, Body Composition, and Weight Management presents an overview of research-based information on the effects of resistance exercise on muscle, metabolism, and fat. The video places special attention on the practical application of safe, sensible, effective, and time-efficient strength training protocols that were employed in studies with the Air Force, as well as with more than 1600 previously sedentary men and women between 20 and 80 years of age. The video discusses the results of those investigative efforts, including the fact that subjects demonstrated high compliance rates and desirable physiological and psychological outcomes were achieved.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 24, 2014).
- Westcott, Wayne L., 1949- , Speaker
Alexander Street Press.
American College of Sports Medicine. , Screenwriter
Healthy Learning Videos. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|