In space. Episode 7 [electronic resource] / produced by Stuart Allan.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Geelong, Victoria : Switch International, 2006.
1 online resource (24 min.)
- Space sciences.
Mars (Planet) -- Exploration.
Outer space -- Exploration.
- Documentary films.
- This edition in English.
- Magnetic Levitation: Scientists have managed to create the sensation of weightlessness in a laboratory on Earth. Space Walk: Two astronauts take a 4-hour walk outside of the International Space Station while clear picture are beamed back to Earth. Mars Water: Scientists have discovered a huge sheet of frozen ice just under the surface of Mars that tells us about the climate of the past on the red planet. Space Detectives: We head to London for an exhibition featuring the Cassini Satellite that is still gathering information about Saturn. Netherlands Space: We look at the European Satellite names SMART-1 and launched in 2003. Mercury: A look at the Messenger Satellite that is traveling 4.9 billion miles to Mercury, the planet closest to the sun. Huygens: A new satellite was launched last December to explore the moon of Titan which orbits Saturn. Saturn Probe: A look at the Cassini Satellite as it perilously passed through Saturn's rings and spent four years orbiting the planet. Genesis Aftermath: NASA tries to salvage some vital samples from a Genesis Satellite that crashed landed and caused minor panic. Endeavour: We look at the huge effort required to get this satellite into orbit and gather the information for eager scientists waiting back home.
- Title from resource description page (viewed July 15, 2014).
- Allan, Stuart. , Producer
Atlas, Laurie. , Narrator
Alexander Street Press.
Switch International. , Production company
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|