Emilio Vedova [electronic resource] : picture of the age-barrier / by Reiner E. Moritz.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Germany : ArtHaus Musik, 2012.
- Masterworks: Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice
1 online resource (10 min.).
- Vedova, Emilio, 1919-2006 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Documentary film.
- This edition in English.
- '1000 Masterpieces from the Great Museums of the World' is one of the most successful TV series about art. The original, with improved image quality, takes us on a fascinating journey through the history of art. Comprehensively illustrated and compellingly presented -- the well-known authors of five short art surveys provide a deeper insight into the masterpieces of painting. One of the greatest 20th-century art collections can be found in Venice, at the Palazzo Venier dei Leoni on the Grand Canal. In 1949, the legendary Peggy Guggenheim acquired the unfinished 18th-century Palazzo for use as a residence. Right from the start, she began exhibiting her world-class collection of Cubist, Abstract and Surrealist works -- among them Duchamp's 'Sad young man on a train'. Giacomo Balla: ABSTRACT SPEED PLUS NOISE (1913-14) Marcel Duchamp: SAD YOUNG MAN ON A TRAIN (1911-12) Jean Metzinger: AT THE CYCLE-RACE TRACK (1914) Francis Picabia: VERY RARE PICTURE ON THE EARTH (1915) Emilio Vedova: PICTURE OF THE AGE - BARRIER (1951).
- Title from resource description page (viewed Apr. 10, 2014).
- Greene, James, 1926-2018 , Narrator
Moritz, Reiner. , Director
Alexander Street Press.
RM Arts (Firm) , Producer
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|