From bullies to buddies [electronic resource] : from problem management to developing crucial social skills in all children / presented by Marie-Nathalie Beaudoin ; produced by Lucy Vail and Microtraining Associates.
- Other Title:
- From bullies to buddies : from problem management to social and emotional skill development in all children
Academic Video Online.
- Alexandria, VA : Microtraining Associates, 2013.
- Counseling and therapy in video, volume 3
1 online resource (80 min.).
Bullying in schools.
Social skills in children.
- Instructional films.
- This edition in English.
- How can counselors use contemporary understandings of the brain to boost children's social skills--such as empathy, kindness, patience, impulse control, self-esteem, and self-confidence--in meaningful and lasting ways? How can counseling be tailored to address the particular capabilities of children's brains when under duress? This film answers these questions by proposing two dramatic paradigm shifts from common social and emotional skills interventions. First, it invites counselors to broaden their focus from bullying prevention to developing a wealth of social and emotional skills in all children. Second, it proposes a new way of boosting children's skills; this approach is inspired by new research in neurobiology, mindfulness, and narrative practices that emphasizes how children's brains develop, learn, and change through experience. Packed with interviews with educators, consultants, and children of all ages, this title contains a thought-provoking theoretical backdrop, followed by footage of non-scripted live sessions in one second and one fourth grade classroom. Several life-transforming activities, metaphors, and experiences are illustrated and explained, and examples are provided of cultural practices that foster the development of communities of considerate children.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 8, 2014).
- Vail, Lucy. , Producer
Beaudoin, Marie-Nathalie. , Speaker
Alexander Street Press.
Microtraining Associates. , Producer
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|