Foul water, fiery serpent [electronic resource] / by Gary Strieker.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Boston, MA : American Public Television, 2010.
1 online resource (57 min.).
- Documentary films.
- This edition in English.
- Global Health Frontiers: Foul Water, Fiery Serpent, the first in a series of public television specials chronicling the devastating illnesses affecting the world's poor, follows a cast of engaging, passionate characters as they confront the disabling parasitic infection known as Guinea worm disease. The film, narrated by Academy Award®-winner Sigourney Weaver, documents the efforts of American health workers and community partners over the course of three years as they track the last-known reports of guinea worm in Ghana and Sudan. Through a relentless cycle of success and failure, facing ignorance and tribal superstitions in a harsh, vast landscape ravaged by war, these dedicated young men and women struggle to drive an ancient enemy into extinction.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Apr. 15, 2014).
- Strieker, Gary. , Director
Weaver, Sigourney, 1949- , Narrator
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|