The dark ages : an age of light. Episode 1, The clash of the gods [electronic resource] / directed by Waldemar Januzczak.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- London : Digital Rights Group, 2012.
1 online resource (60 min.)
- Christian art and symbolism -- To 500.
Decorative arts, Medieval.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- In the first episode the viewer will discover how Christianity emerged into the Roman Empire as an artistic force in the third and fourth centuries. But with no description of Jesus in the Bible, how were Christians to represent their God? Waldemar explores how Christian artists drew on images of ancient gods for inspiration, and developed new forms of architecture to contain their art.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 27, 2015).
- Januzczak, Waldemar, director, narrator.
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- Original version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|