Zwelidumile [electronic resource] / by Suleman Ramadan.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- South Africa : Shadow Films, 2011.
1 online resource (113 min.)
- Feni, Dumile, 1942-1991.
Artists, Black -- South Africa -- Biography.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- In 1968, South African artist Dumile Feni went into exile, leaving behind his pregnant wife. Days before his home coming in 1991, Feni died suddenly and tragically. With his daughter, Marriam Diale, this film attempts to reclaim a man who was lost to his country by inviting those who knew him to paint a portrait of the man and his life on 3 continents. Feni's essence as a human being remains as elusive, multiple and complex as his work. A study of the impact of exile on families, and it restores Feni to his rightful place in SA art.
- Official Selection FESPACO 2010; Ecran du Documentaire festival, Ecrans noirs, 2012
- Suleman, Ramadan. , Director
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|