Homage to Astor Piazzolla [electronic resource] / written and directed by Christopher Nupen, José Montes-Baquer.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- London : Allegro Films, 1998.
1 online resource (51 min.).
- Piazzolla, Astor.
- Documentary films.
- Spoken portions in English with sections in Spanish with English subtitles.
- This film is a tribute to a 20th century composer who, like many before him in our musical history, suffered seriously from prejudice during his lifetime and became a best seller not long after his death. The film includes Piazzolla himself with his last and best quintet playing three of his best known pieces (Escualo, Invierno Porteño and Tangata), plus Gidon Kremer and his friends, Vadim Sakharov, Per Arne Glorvigen and Alois Posch appearing in five of Piazzolla's pieces at an astonishing concert in the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Jul. 25, 2014).
- Piazzolla, Astor. , Interviewee, Composer, Performer
Nupen, Christopher. , Director, Screenwriter
Montes-Baquer, José. , Director, Screenwriter
Alexander Street Press.
Allegro Films (London, England)
- Piazzolla, Astor. Escualo.
Piazzolla, Astor. Cuatro estaciones porteñas. Invierno porteño.
Piazzolla, Astor. Silfo y Ondine suite. Tangata
- Contained In:
- Homage to Astor Piazzolla
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|