American Law [electronic resource] : How It Works / by Banning K. Lary.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Lexington, KY : Promedion, 2004.
1 online resource (33 minutes)
- Law -- United States.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- OUR LEGAL HERITAGE: Hammurabi, Draconian Laws; Roman Civil Law, English Common Law; Magna Carta, Stare Decisis. II. THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION: We the People ... The Bill of Rights; Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth Amendments. III. HOW LAWS ARE MADE: Legislative Branch; Executive Branch; Judicial Branch. IV. THE UNITED STATES COURT SYSTEM: State Court Systems; Federal Court System. V. CRIMINAL LAW: Criminal Offenses: Misdemeanors / Felonies; Due Process, 14th Amendment, Miranda v. Arizona; Prosecutor's charge: Legality; Actus Reus; Causation; Harm; Concurrence; Mens Rea;arraignment; Thirteen step process of Adjudication; Habeas Corpus, Corpus Delicti; Plea Bargaining, The Jack Ruby case. VI. CIVIL LAW: Types of cases, Liability, Negligence, Injury; Torts, Res Ipsa Loquitur; Compensation; Responsibility; Prevention; Defense. VII. LADY JUSTICE.
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 11, 2015).
- Lary, Banning K., director, producer.
Xenos, Dax, narrator.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|