The year in fashion [electronic resource] : 2011 / by Videofashion.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Videofashion, 2011.
1 online resource (48 min.)
- Fashion designers.
Fashion -- History -- 21st century.
- Documentary television programs.
- In English.
- "The Year in Fashion 2011 brings you the brightest fashion highlights of the past 12 months! Marc Jacobs presented a runway full of high shine Seventies luxe paying tribute to the legendary Yves Saint Laurent for Spring Summer 2011. And Karl Lagerfeld channeled the French film, 'Last Year at Marienbad' for another breathtaking Chanel presentation. It was also the year of blockbuster exhibits from the Costume Institute's tribute to the late Alexander McQueen "Savage Beauty" to a first-ever international multimedia exhibition on Jean-Paul Gaultier in Montreal. Plus at the Museum of FIT, journey from the avant-garde Eighties style revolutionaries to Harajuku street style, and see how Japanese fashion has transformed in "Japan Fashion Now". We look back at the Autumn/Winter 2011 season's most shocking moment with the dismissal of John Galliano and his final collection for Christian Dior. Gucci's 90th anniversary show was the best of ultra-sexy glamour with Seventies era Anjelica Huston and musician Florence Welch as muses. Pop star, Lady Gaga, muse to designer Nicola Formichetti, took to the runway for his debut Mugler show. The fashion industry came together to celebrate Women's Wear Daily 100th year. American beauty, Joan Smalls emerges as the breakout model of the moment. Plus the results of the annual CFDA Awards and more."--Publisher website.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Jul. 29, 2014).
- Cardin, Marlene McGinnis. , Producer
Charney, Nicolas H. , Director
Alexander Street Press.
Videofashion Network. , Production company
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|