Hospitals don't burn down! [electronic resource] / directed by Brian Trenchard-Smith ; produced by Peter Johnson.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory : National Film and Sound Archive of Australia, 1978.
1 online resource (24 min.).
- Hospitals -- Fires and fire prevention.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- A disturbingly realistic film about a fire in a high-rise hospital. This program pulls no punches and has never dated. The issues remain the same. Designed to blast through the complacency of 'it can't happen here' attitude, the docu-drama vividly portrays a series of credible events that could easily happen in a hospital, large nursing home or any high-rise complex. This film shows the terrifying speed with which flames and smoke can engulf a building and the difficulties of evacuating the seriously ill and incapacitated, especially at night with a skeleton staff and when visibility is low. The consequences are disastrous in this drama - it need not be that way.
- Title from resource description page (viewed November 3, 2014).
- Trenchard-Smith, Brian. , Director
Johnson, Peter. , Producer
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|