60 minutes. Birth of a language [electronic resource] / produced by Janet Klein.
- Other Title:
- Birth of a language
Sixty minutes. Birth of a language
Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Columbia Broadcasting System, 2000.
1 online resource (13 min.)
- Deaf children -- Means of communication -- Nicaragua.
Nicaraguan Sign Language.
- Television news programs.
- In English.
- In the 1980s, to be deaf in Nicaragua was to be lost. Deaf children were 'shut in' or sent to schools for the mentally retarded. But one group of deaf children overcame these obstacles in an astounding way. Scott Pelley reports on them, and the dedicated scientist, Judy Kegl, who is studying and helping them.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Feb. 9, 2015).
- Klein, Janet. , Producer
Pelley, Scott, 1957- , Reporter
Alexander Street Press.
CBS News. , Production company
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|