PBS NewsHour. Mildred Loving, key figure in civil rights era, dies (May 6, 2008) [electronic resource] / produced by MacNeil-Lehrer Productions.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Arlington, VA : MacNeil-Lehrer Productions, 2008.
- Black studies in video
1 online resource (6 min.)
- Loving, Richard Perry.
Loving, Mildred Jeter.
Interracial marriage -- Law and legislation -- Virginia.
- Television news programs.
- In English.
- In 1967, the Supreme Court ruled in the case of Loving v. Virginia that laws against interracial marriage were unconstitutional. Mildred Loving, a black woman married to a white man, had been prosecuted under one such Virginia law in 1958 and challenged it in the high court. Loving died in early May at the age of 68.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Feb. 9, 2014).
- Alexander Street Press.
MacNeil/Lehrer Productions. , Production company
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|