The sociology of sports in the united states [electronic resource] / produced by James Holzknecht.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Austin, TX : Castalia Media, 2005.
1 online resource (47 minutes)
- Sports -- Social aspects.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- 'Describing sports as a social phenomenon, this program explores what sports can teach about society and considers how social goals and objectives are reflected in sports. It examines the development of sports sociology; probes the relationship of sports to religion, social roles, citizenship and morality; and looks at the organization and institutionalization of sports. The program also explores how social class, race, and gender affect participation in sports.'--Insight Media web site.
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 24, 2016).
- Holzknecht, James, producer.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|