Clinical management of exertional heat illness [electronic resource] / presented by Brendon P. McDermott.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Monterey, CA : Healthy Learning, 2011.
- Sports medicine and exercise science in video, volume 2
1 online resource (59 min.)
- Heat adaptation.
Heat stroke -- Prevention.
Heat -- Physiological effect.
- Educational films.
- In English.
- Clinical Management of Exertional Heat Illness presents an overview of the key factors involved in exertional heat illness. In addition, the video explores several evidence-based recommendations for the clinical management of exertional heat illness. The video is a resource for healthcare professionals who want to become familiar with recommended practices and practice methods for limiting overall heat-related illness, as well as eliminating death as a potential consequence from exercise in the heat. The video is designed to help practicing athletic trainers to be prepared to set heat guidelines, prevent heat illness, and properly manage scenarios that arise with their patients.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 23, 2015).
- McDermott, Brendon P. , Speaker
Alexander Street Press.
Healthy Learning Videos. , Production company
National Athletic Trainers' Association. , Host institution
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|