Art 21 : art in the twenty-first century. Season 1, Episode 4, Consumption [electronic resource] / directed by Deborah Shaffer ; introduction created by Barbara Kruger with John McEnroe.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Arlington, VA : Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), 2001.
- The PBS Video Collection, Second Edition
1 online resource (57 min.)
- Barney, Matthew.
Charles, Michael Ray, 1967-
Chin, Mel, 1951-
Zittel, Andrea, 1965-
Art, American -- 21st century.
Artists -- United States -- Biography.
Artists -- United States -- Interviews.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- With an introduction by John McEnroe in a video created by Barbara Kruger, the second half of this program turns its eye on the influences a consumerist society and pop culture exert on contemporary art and vice-versa. Featured are the experimental home, "furniture" designs, clothing and artificial island of Andrea Zittel. The paintings of Michael Ray Charles analyze the historical relationship between advertising images and cultural stereotypes. And Mel Chin connects to culture and commerce through an eclectic body of work that deals with everything from television's "Melrose Place" to his Detroit "revival field" project, which attempts to clean polluted plots of land.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 22, 2015).
- Kruger, Barbara, 1945- author of introduction.
McEnroe, John, 1959- onscreen presenter.
Shaffer, Deborah, director.
Alexander Street Press.
Art 21, Inc., production company.
- Other format:
- Original version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|