How we got to now. Episode 4, Light [electronic resource] / producer and director: Paul Olding.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Arlington, VA : Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), 2014.
1 online resource (56 minutes)
- Electric lighting -- History.
Lighting -- History.
Technological innovations -- History.
Technology -- History.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- Johnson relates the story of people who take us out of the dark and into the light. Hear about Edison's light bulb, which he didn't actually invent, and learn how an 18th-century ship's skipper discovered a source of illumination by putting a kid inside a whale's head. See how a French scientist accidentally discovered how to create neon light, leading to a revolution in advertising. Dispelling the myth of the individual 'eureka' moment, Johnson reveals that teamwork and collaboration led the way to the most transformative ideas. Whether changing our genetic make-up, altering the world's sleeping patterns, transforming architecture, taking us into space or triggering one of the great social reforms in American history, the pioneers of light have made themselves indispensable throughout human history.
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 13, 2015).
- Olding, Paul, 1973- producer, director.
Alexander Street Press.
Nutopia (Firm), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|