Let my people go! [electronic resource] / produit par Philippe Martin et Géraldine Michelot ; un film de Mikael Buch.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Zeitgeist, 2012.
1 online resource (87 minutes)
- Gay men -- Finland -- Drama.
Gay men -- France -- Paris -- Drama.
Jewish families -- France -- Paris -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- In French and Finnish with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- data file
- A sweet and hilarious fusion of gay romantic comedy, Jewish family drama and French bedroom farce, Mikael Buch's Let My People Go! follows the travails and daydreams of the lovelorn Ruben (Regular Lovers' Nicolas Maury), a French-Jewish gay mailman living in fairytale Finland (where he got his MA in 'Comparative Sauna Cultures') with his gorgeous Nordic boyfriend. But just before Passover, a series of mishaps and a lovers' quarrel exile the heartbroken Ruben back to Paris and his zany family --including Almodovar goddess Carmen Maura (Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Volver) as his ditzy mom, and Truffaut regular Jean-Francois Stevenin as his lothario father. Scripted by director Mikael Buch and renowned arthouse auteur Christophe Honore (Love Songs), Let My People Go! both celebrates and upends Jewish and gay stereotypes with wit, gusto and style to spare. The result is deeply heartwarming, fabulously kitschy and hysterically funny.
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 01, 2016).
- Buch, Mikael, 1983- director.
Martin, Philippe, 1966- producer.
Michelot, Géraldine, producer.
Alexander Street Press.
Films Pelléas, production company.
- Other format:
- Original version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|