Audition [electronic resource] : everything an actor needs to know to get the part. Show two / with Michael Shurtleff ; producers, Mitchell Gabourie and Ron Leach.
- Other Title:
- Humor, opposites, discoveries
How to audition : with Michael Shurtleff
Academic Video Online.
- Los Angeles, CA : First Light Video Publishing, 1995.
1 online resource (30 min.)
- Shurtleff, Michael.
Casting directors -- United States.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- Humor: Humor is not jokes; humor arises from pain and enables us to carry on in spite of it. Discover how to search out the humor in even the most tragic scene. Opposites: Whatever your motivation in as scene, your performance should also include its opposites; the tension in the scene will arise from sudden alteration between the opposites. Discoveries: A scene, even an audition scene, can quickly become rote. Michael shows how to keep 'making things happen for the first time' through a constant process of discovery.
- Guidepost 4. Humour
Guidepost 5. Opposites
Guidepost 6. Discoveries.
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 24, 2015).
- Gabourie, Mitchell, producer.
Leach, Ron, producer.
Shurtleff, Michael, speaker.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|