The curse of the Gothic Symphony [electronic resource] / director/co-writer, Randall Wood ; producer, Veronica Fury.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : First Run Features, 2011.
1 online resource (82 minutes)
- Brian, Havergal, 1876-1972.
Brian, Havergal, 1876-1972. Gothic.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- The Curse of the Gothic Symphony follows the journey of a fanatical and eclectic group of music lovers who aspire to break the curse behind British composer Havergal Brian's notorious First Symphony. At over two hours long and requiring two orchestras, four brass bands and five full choirs it is regarded as the Mt. Everest of classical music. Gripped by the challenge to bring off the first staging of this monstrous symphony, these modern day crusaders will not stop until they triumph against all odds ... failure is not an option. The curse must be broken.
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 06, 2016).
Won 2012 Australian Cinematographers Society, Dramatised Documentaries
Nominated 2013 Australian Film Institute, Best Feature Length Documentary
Won 2012 Australian Writers' Guild, Documentary - Public Broadcast
- Fury, Veronica, producer.
Wood, Randall (Director), director.
Alexander Street Press.
First-Run Features (Firm), film distributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|