The Search For Alfred The Great [electronic resource] / producer, Nigel Walk ; produced & directed by Robin Dashwood.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- London : British Broadcasting Corporation, 2014.
1 online resource (52 minutes)
- Alfred, King of England, 849-899.
Tombs -- England.
Human remains (Archaeology) -- England.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- Inside the churchyard of St. Bartholomew's in Winchester there is a mysterious unmarked grave, a grave that has long been thought to contain the remains of King Alfred and his family. Now a team of archaeologists are exhuming these bones and, using the latest scientific techniques and DNA sampling, combined with an informed history of the site seek to find out if this really is the last resting place of King Alfred the Great. Just who was this King? What did he look like? How did he live? And how did he die? This remarkable film uncovers the story of one of England's greatest kings through the investigation of his 1000 year old remains and so pieces together, in more detail than ever before, the story of the extraordinary world in which he lived.
- Presented by: Neil Oliver.
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 03, 2017).
- Oliver, Neil, 1967- presenter.
Walk, Nigel, producer.
Dashwood, Robin, producer, director.
Alexander Street Press.
British Broadcasting Corporation, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|