The boy in the dress [electronic resource] / British Broadcasting Corporation and King Bert ; directed by Matt Lipsey ; written by David Walliams.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- London, England : British Broadcasting Corporation, 2014.
1 online resource (63 minutes)
- Cross-dressing -- Fiction.
Schools -- Fiction.
Great Britain -- Fiction.
- Feature films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- A charming family comedy, based on the bestselling book by David Walliams (Gangsta Granny, Mr Stink) and featuring an all-star cast. It's the story of Dennis, a 12-year-old boy who lives in an ordinary house in an ordinary street and dreams of being different. He plays football with his mates and lives with his dad and brother, but everything is grey - life has never really been the same since his mum left. However, transformation can happen when you least expect it, and in a local shop a fashion magazine seems to be calling Dennis - can it be that supermodel Kate Moss is really telling him that it's okay for boys to like Vogue? Aided by Lisa, the coolest girl in the school, Dennis creates a whole new persona. But can a boy wear a dress - and how will his headmaster, his dad and his friends react when they find out?
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 11, 2017).
- Walliams, David, 1971- screenwriter.
Lipsey, Matt, director.
Sargent, Jo, producer.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|