Iván Fischer conducts Beethoven : the complete symphonies. Symphony no. 9 in D minor, op. 125 [electronic resource] / Ludwig van Beethoven.
- Standardized Title:
- Symphonies, no. 9, op. 125, D minor
- Other Title:
- Symphony no. 9 in D minor, op. 125
Academic Video Online.
- Berlin, Berlin State : C Major Entertainment, 2013.
1 online resource (71 minutes)
- Sung in German.
- System Details:
- data file
- Starting in 1922, the Concertgebouw Orchestra performed a Beethoven cycle at the end of each season, during which all the symphonies - and other works too - would be performed, often in quick succession. The cycle was interrupted for the first time in 1957 for three performances of Beethoven's Missa solemnis. The tradition then began to dwindle, with the last Beethoven Series performed in 1978. Now for the very first time, the orchestra will be performing all the symphonies in a single cycle, spread out over two seasons, under the direction of Iván Fischer.
- Myrtò Papatanasiu, soprano ; Bernarda Fink, mezzo-soprano ; Burkhard Fritz, tenor ; Gerald Finley, baritone ; Netherlands Radio Choir ; Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra ; Ivan Fischer, conductor.
- Title from resource description page (viewed July 26, 2016).
- Fischer, Iván, conductor.
Alexander Street Press.
Koninklijk Concertgebouworkest, performer.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|