Diagnosing mental disorders : DSM-5 and the ICD-10. Gender dysphoria [electronic resource] / produced by Classroom Productions, INC. ; directed by Sean Harrigan.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2016.
1 online resource (46 minutes)
- International statistical classification of diseases and related health problems. -- 10th revision.
Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. -- 5th ed.
Mental illness -- Classification.
Gender identity disorders -- Diagnosis.
- Instructional films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- Gender dysphoria refers to the distress an individual experiences when the gender they've been assigned at birth-�that is the gender matching their outward appearance or sexual anatomy-�is different than the gender they identify with. An individual who is assigned male at birth may experience the world as a female, or an assigned female as a male. Or they may feel that their gender cannot be broken down into the binary terms of male and female. This disparity leads to marked distress or impairment, to the extent that it can lead to depression, anxiety, or even the individual committing suicide.
- Title from resource description page (viewed September 16, 2016).
- Harrigan, Sean, director.
Alexander Street Press.
Classroom Productions, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|