America's secret slang. Season 2. Episode 3, Lower the boom [electronic resource] / written by James Grant Goldin ; directed by James Grant Goldin, Douglas J. Cohen ; host, Zach Selwyn ; produced by Flight 33 Productions, LLC for H2 Network.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : A&E Television Networks, 2014.
1 online resource (43 minutes)
- English language -- Slang.
English language -- Etymology.
- Documentary television programs.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- America's Secret Slang proves that we speak history every day as it documents the stories behind our unique American version of English, from words like "southpaw" to phrases like "bet your bottom dollar". In this episode, we look at the ways that American English was transformed by the high seas, the ancient world, the movers and shakers of big business, and the news industry. Ever wonder why we're "pooped" when we're tired?
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 21, 2017).
- Goldin, James Grant, screenwriter, director.
Cohen, Douglas, producer.
Selwyn, Zach, host.
Alexander Street Press.
Flight 33 Productions (Firm), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|